Learn the history of Maiwai, a beautiful kimono gifted to the fishermen when they had a big catch in the old days – Day tour
This tour is just one example to give you a better idea of what a typical trip looks like. We are able to change any course content to suit your group.
- Take a day trip from Tokyo to Minamiboso, and learn and experience the local fishing history/culture through a guided tour
- Take a ride on a privately chartered van across the peninsula along the coastline
- Visit the museum that has the largest collection of Maiwai in Japan and listen to a special presentation made by the owner of the museum
- Enjoy the fresh seafood lunch.
- Experience painting miniature Maiwai
- Meet/pick-up at JR Tateyama station at 9:20 am.
- (Take the highway bus from Tokyo Station departing at 7:20 am and get off at the bus stop “Tateyma Station” at 9:18 am. We will meet you there and have you on a privately chartered van)
- Visit Nagisa no Museum and learn about the fishery history and the culture of the region. s and the Imperial Palace.
- Visit Shirahama Kaiyo Museum and see the largest collection of Maiwai in Japan. Listen to the special guided tour and presentation made by the owner of the museum
- Have a delicious seafood lunch at a local restaurant
- Visit one of the few Maiwai dyehouse left in the region and experience painting/dying Maiwai
- Drop-off at JR Awa Kamogawa station around 16:30
- (Taking the bus at 16:53 would get you back to Tokyo Station at 19:13) .
- Meet/Depart: JR Tateyama Station/JR Kamogawa Station
- Trip Length: 1 day
- Price per Person:
JPY9,800 with your own vehicle JPY16,800 using minivan
- Accepted number of guests: 2 to 8
minimum 4 if using the minivan
- includes lunch, entrance fee for the museum and experience at the Maiwai dyehouse, and guide support