Riding through a Farm Village
After Lunch at a 300-year Old Farmhouse
Taking a Break at Chikura Beach
Learning the Rules from the Priest
A Feast at an Inn
A Break at the Satoyama
Taking a Sushi Class
Fire-walking ceremony at the Temple
Paddy Field with Water, Typical Scenery in Late Spring
This tour is just one example to give you a better idea of what a typical trip looks like. We are very flexible to change any course content customized for your group.
- Cycle through Minamiboso for 40 to 60km per day and enjoy the beautiful scenery; mountain and ocean.
- Enjoy the fresh seafood and organic vegetables
- Explore and experience cultural highlights
- Stay at a villa and a traditional Japanese Inn
Recommended Tour Dates
- Late March to Late May is the best season for cycling in Boso area
- Take the highway bus from Tokyo Station departing at 15:20.
- Get off at the bus stop “Highway Oasis Furari” at 16:43 and we will pick you up and take you to the villa in our car.
- In the morning, ride through the farm villages and enjoy an organic lunch at a 300-year old farmhouse. In the afternoon, ride towards the ocean and stop by a unique shrine that is dedicated to the culinary (food/cooking) god.
- Stay at a Japanese inn “minshuku”/villa along the coast that is famous for its’ delicious seafood/sushi.
- Take a 2 hour Sushi lesson where you learn how to cut /clean fish and make Sushi (optional)
- Ride along the coastline and reach the southern tip of the Boso peninsula.
- Stop by a Buddhist temple and enjoy cultural experiences such as pilgrimage and/or calligraphy. Head back to the villa to shower up.
- We will take you back to the bus stop “Highway Oasis Furari”. If you would take the bus at 15:55, it would get you to Tokyo station at 17:26.
- Meet/Depart: Highway bus-stop “Highway Oasis Furari”
- Trip Length: 3 days 2 nights
- Level: Relaxed
- Number of guests: 2 to 6
- Price per Person:
JPY70,000 for 4 to 6 people,
JPY80,000 for 2 to 3 people
(includes two nights lodging, meals, guide support, rental cross bike, baggage transfer between first and second nights’ inns) JPY5,000 per person for the optional Sushi lesson